Maple General Information
Maple is the essential technical computing software for today's engineers, mathematicians, and scientists. Whether you need to do quick calculations, develop design sheets, teach fundamental concepts, or produce sophisticated high-fidelity simulation models, Maple's computation engine offers the breadth, depth, and performance to handle every type of mathematics.
The current version of Maple is 16.
Licensed operating systems include Windows, Macintosh, and Linux.
How To Get a Copy of Maple
- The site license is available to currently employed faculty and staff members for use on university or personally owned machines. The software can also be installed within UMKC student computing labs for use by students.
- Maple can be installed remotely on most computers. To request an installation contact the Call Center at 816-235-2000 or email@example.com, or the appropriate Information Technology Liaison. The Maple 16 installation will uninstall older copies of Maple.
- In addition, there is a take home option for faculty. Qualified users must agree to the License Agreement and become a registered user. Registration is also available through the IS Call Center or the appropriate Information Technology Liaison. For off-campus computers, the software is distributed electronically via a secured UMKC LAN connection. Registered users may make a single copy of the install files for take-home installation. If you require a non Windows OS, copies of the appropriate Maple CD are available for a $5.00 duplication fee from the IS Call Center via departmental MoCode. Please contact the software acquisition person for ordering information.
- Installation Informational Files are available online at the Maple web site. If you are a registered Maple user, you will have access to the Single User Purchase Code referred to in the instructions, which is available on the secured network drive.
Links of Interest
- Highly recommended -- the Maple Student Center. Included in this directory are tutorials, sample graphics (check out the Application Center), and other interesting information for students and others using Maple.
- Look here for a sample Maple graphic -- and the syntax for that chart
- Visit the Maple web site
Please contact the IS software acquisition person if you have any questions about the obtaining or licensing of Maple or other statistical analysis programs at UMKC. Please contact the Call Center at 816-235-2000 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the installation or use of Maple or other statistical analysis programs at UMKC.
For further information please contact Information Services' software acquisition expert via email at email@example.com or at 816.235.8810.