The Community College Leadership Scholarship is a renewable scholarship recognizing those international students who have taken on leadership roles at their community college.
$1500 USD, plus the difference between Missouri resident and non-resident tuition
(For 2013-2014: $11,698 per year).
- Student must be receiving an Associate's degree from an accredited Community College
- Must be actively involved at Community College, demonstrating significant leadership
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Proficiency in English (Minimum 79 ibt TOEFL score or 6.0 IELTS score)
- F-1 or J-1 visa holder
- Must be a full-time, degree seeking undergraduate student
- Must be nominated by a Community College official (International student advisor or chief student affairs officer)
- Must be admitted to UMKC prior to the scholarship deadline of May 1st
- The scholarship is for Fall and Spring semesters only; the student may receive a three-hour summer school non-resident tutition award with prior approval.
- Renewable for three years with a 3.0 GPA
This scholarship is not available to students in graduate or professional programs
With this scholarship it is intended that the international advisor or another significant institutional representative of the community college nominates one or two students who fit the profile outlined above.
Nomination letters should be sent to:
International Student Affairs
Student Success Center, G-04
UMKC, 5000 Holmes Street
Kansas City, MO 64110
secure FAX: 573-884-4894