Proof of Financial Support
All of the following are required to submit proof of financial support:
Proof of financial support in the form of liquid assets.
- F-1 or J-1 international applicants
- F-1 or J-1 international transfer students
- Current UMKC F-1 or J-1 students seeking program extensions
- Applicants who wish to change their visa type to F-1 or J-1
If you are being financially sponsored,
- Liquid assets are assets that are immediately available (i.e., money in a bank account, stocks, bonds, or other investments with cash value that can be quickly accessed).
- Sufficient funding indicates proof of finances to cover one year of academic study.
Proof of funding is commonly presented in the form of a bank statement.
Bank statements will not be accepted unless they meet all of the following guidelines:
- Funds shown must be liquid (immediately accessible)
- Submitted on bank letterhead
- Contain the name of the account holder in English
- Reference the type of currency of the account balance
- Dated within the past 12 months
- Signed or stamped by a bank official
- Bank statements submitted in any language other than English must be accompanied by a literal English translation
each of your financial sponsors must also sign and date an Official Statement of Finances Form (pdf form).
The following are examples of financial documents which are unacceptable and cannot be used for proof of funding:
- Paycheck stubs
- Real Estate
- Non-liquid assets such as automobiles, jewelry, or other personal property
- Rights (mineral rights, copyrights, patents, etc.)