UMKC - International Student Affairs
UMKC offers two on-campus residence halls: Oak Street Hall and Johnson Hall and also the Oak Place Apartments.
We recommend making housing reservations before coming to Kansas City by contacting Residential Life to reserve your on-campus housing.
  • Some UMKC nationality groups assist students in finding housing.
    A list of student organizations (pdf file), including nationality groups, is available On-Line (pdf file).
      Please contact the Student Life Office for the contact information of a specific nationality group.

  • Admission to the University does not guarantee that a student will receive University housing.
    Students are not required to live on campus, and off-campus housing options are available near campus.

  • Students are responsible for arranging their own housing. UMKC is not responsible for a student's housing location or situation.
If you have questions, please contact the Residential Life Office by phone at 816-235-8840 or by email at, or contact the International Student Affairs Office by phone at 816-235-1113 or by email at

For additional information on housing for international students, please visit the International Resident Information web page.