Second Annual Health Sciences Wellness Fair is this weekend at Hospital Hill
UMKC's four health sciences schools join with community partners to provide free health screenings, education
The UMKC Health Sciences Hospital Hill campus, the KC Wellness Network and Cover the Uninsured are delighted to provide multiple health screenings to the surrounding community. A variety of services will be provided in the Health Sciences Building on Hospital Hill offering free exams and education on vital health issues and topics. Attendees are welcome to bring any medications, vitamins and supplements list or containers with them. For more information, call (816) 235-5463.
Available Free Services:
• Sexual health
• Rapid HIV test
• Cholesterol screening *
• Blood pressure screening
• Weight management screening
• Osteoporosis screening & calcium intake counseling
• Diabetes counseling **
• Blood sugar screening *
• Skin cancer & sun exposure awareness
• Self breast exam **
• Lung disease & smoking cessation **
• Alzheimer’s awareness **
• Organ donor awareness **
• Hearing screening
• Vision screening
• Heartburn awareness **
• Adult & child dental screening with dental care instruction
• Medication Health Information **
• Vial of life **
• Medication safety & storage
• Prostate screening
• Lead screening
• Sports physicals for those younger than 18 yrs.
• Kidney Health **
* Eating may affect this test, so fasting is preferred.
** This will not include a test or procedure: education only.