What is u.select?
u.select is a transfer portal that advises students about how courses will transfer from one institution to another. u.select gives you the ability to see how your courses will transfer and apply toward a University of Missouri - Kansas City degree.
Create a u.select Account
- Go to u.select
- Click the 'Create an account' link
- Choose the University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Enter your information
- Record your user ID and password in a safe place
Guest access to u.select
If you do not want to create an account at this time, you can still access u.select and take advantage of viewing all the UMKC course equivalencies. By accessing u.select as a guest, you will not be able to take full advantage of the customization of My Courses and My Plan.
How to use u.select
How can u.select help me?
- The Equivalencies by Course area allows you to see what UMKC has determined as equivalent courses to the one you need to complete for your degree. Select "Courses" on the Navigation bar and clink on the Equivalencies by Course area.
- You can also use the Quick Equivalencies area to see all courses with pre-determined equivalencies in each subject area. You can search by UMKC subject or by the transfer institution's subject areas.
- The Transfer Equivalency Guide allows students to see equivalencies for up to five institutions side-by-side with their pre-determined equivalencies at UMKC.
Add your courses
- Enter the courses you have completed or are enrolled in using the My Courses area. Be sure to add all the courses you have taken or plan to take, even if they are at multiple schools. You can add as many courses to your My Courses area as you need. The courses will only be deleted if you choose to delete them.
Create a plan
- Create a plan for UMKC using the Create a Plan area. After selecting UMKC, select the program that you are interested in earning a degree. The plan will show you how the courses you entered in the My Courses are will transfer and apply toward your degree from the University of Missouri - Kansas City. This can help you spend less money and earn your degree faster!