Quick links to some important campus resources for your academic success:
- Academic Support and Mentoring (formerly known as the Center for Academic Development) offers a wide range of academic support services, including Supplemental Instruction, which is an internationally-recognized peer-led learning program that targets historically difficult courses, and Math and Science Tutoring, which provides tutoring services for math, biology and chemistry courses.
- Need assistance with a writing assignment? Connect with the UMKC Writing Studio.
- Find out how to prepare for your future career by activating your Roo Career Network account with UMKC Career Services.
- These resources and more are now located in the new Student Success Center! This newly renovated building (formerly known as the University Center) is a key strategy to achieving the University's Strategic Plan Goal 1: place student success at the center.
It’s important to take care of your mental and physical well-being:
- Get tips and information on staying healthy and reduce stress: make plans to visit the UMKC MindBody Connection.
- Feeling under the weather? Stop by or call UMKC Student Health and Wellness.
- Need to talk things out with a professional? Visit the UMKC Counseling Center.
- Get your workout in at Swinney Recreation Center.
- Need to know about services for students with disabilities? Check out UMKC Disability Services.
Research shows that students who are substantially involved in at least one extra-curricular activity are more satisfied with their college experience and may actually perform better academically. UMKC offers many opportunities to help you make the most of your college life. Some of these opportunities are highlighted below:
- The Office of Student Involvement provides a number of co-curricular and leadership opportunities for students. It's a great way to meet other students with similar interests and to get a break from studying!
- UMKC promotes and celebrates the cultural diversity of our campus--check out the resources and events programmed by these offices: Multicultural Student Affairs, UMKC Women’s Center, LGBTQIA Resource Center, and International Student Affairs.
- Swinney Recreation Center sponsors Campus Intramurals—leagues are forming now. Individual players welcome!
If you have additional questions about any of these resources, contact the UMKC HelpLine at 816-235-2222 and our staff members will assist in answering your questions or referring you to the appropriate campus office.