So many ways to make a difference. As an independent, nonprofit corporation serving as the official fund-raising and fund-management organization for the University of Missouri-Kansas City, the UMKC Foundation was established in 2009 to raise, invest and manage the charitable gifts on behalf of UMKC.
The people who work at the UMKC Foundation know it is a very special place where everyone plays a part in achieving the University's vision of becoming a model urban research university characterized by signature graduate and professional programs, a dynamic undergraduate population, a highly diverse faculty, staff and student body, and active engagement with its city and region.
Donor Relations Specialist
NATURE OF WORK:
The Donor Relations Specialist position is responsible for coordinating and implementing donor stewardship tactics to enhance and sustain positive donor relations.
Accountabilities include, and are not limited to, creating and sending regular donor correspondence, administering and managing database of donor communications, assisting with special event planning, processing donor mailings, scheduling meetings and updating project timelines and information.
This position reports directly to the Director of Stewardship and Donor Communications and provides support to the Director of Annual Giving and the Executive Assistant to the President.
1. Assist with individual donor stewardship including acknowledgement letters, thank you cards, donor appreciation gifts, and other communications via phone and email
2. Assist with annual giving appeals such as direct mail, email and crowdfunding
3. Ensuring all correspondence and projects are handled in a timely and effective manner
4. Assist with preparation of the annual endowment reports and other philanthropic reports to donors, as needed
5. Coordinate logistics for donor cultivation events
6. Maintain donor relationship management database, including updating donor records, compiling biographical information, data entry, and pulling reports/queries
7. Serves as first impression for UMKC Foundation office, handling routine inquiries from donors, alumni, board members and University colleagues.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Bachelor‘s degree in Journalism, Communications or related field
One to three years experience in a busy office environment
Strong written and verbal communication skills. Positive attitude and desire to contribute to a team
Ability to diplomatically problem solve on a daily basis, including handling donors, staff and faculty who have questions or concerns to ensure donor retention and collaborative relationships
Strong attention to detail and computer, organizational and project management skills
Proficiency with programs used by the UMKC Foundation, including, and not limited to:
Microsoft Office Suite products (including Word, Excel, and Power Point)
Ability to positively interact with people of diverse backgrounds; ability to resolve conflicts in a constructive manner
Ability to prioritize and work successfully under the pressure of deadlines; comfortable working on more than one project at a time; can handle regular disruptions
Ability to interact and work successfully with external constituents, donors, faculty, students and staff as related to job responsibilities
Timely follow-up and completion of duties
Philanthropic spirit required
Previous communications experience in a fund-raising environment; Advance database knowledge a plus
Previous experience or familiarity of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign) a plus
Previous work experience in a university environment or non-profit organization
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in helping grow the culture of philanthropy that supports UMKC, please send your resume to:
202 Administrative Center
5115 Oak Street
Kansas City, MO 64112
Or e-mail us at: email@example.com