Cockefair Hall is named in honor of former faculty member
Carolyn Benton Cockefair, who drew such large numbers to her humanities
classes that they were offered to the community as continuing education.
The building was originally constructed in 1950 for the Law
School, with one exterior wall completed in a material that would
allow for expansion.
Cockefair Hall currently houses the English, History and Philosophy