All Web sites/pages are considered official unless they belong to one of the following groups: faculty and staff personal pages, student organizations, affiliate organizations, constituent organizations and government funded programs.
Any Web sites/pages belonging to one of the following groups: faculty and staff personal pages, student organizations, affiliate organizations, constituent organizations and government funded programs.
All unofficial pages still must adhere to the Web Policy.
The UMKC Web Advisory Group (WAG) will conduct periodic reviews of pages within the UMKC Web site to ensure accuracy, effectiveness and relevance in presenting a user-friendly, engaging and consistent Web presence. The WAG will also monitor compliance with UMKC Web site policy requirements. The Web Advisory Group will report its findings to the Web Executive Group. At the discretion of the WEG, UMKC Web pages found not to be in compliance may be removed from the UMKC Web site until measures are taken to bring pages into compliance.
The UMKC Web Executive Group (WEG) will oversee the enforcement and regulation of all elements of the UMKC Web site. Any exemptions or deviations from UMKC Web site policy pertaining to Security, Technical, Content or Legal/Liability requirements must be approved by the WEG. All UMKC Web site policies, requirements and guidelines remain in effect unless and until changed by the WEG.
- Act as the implementation arm of any University-wide web policies.
- To ensure that branding and web standards are correctly implemented in the case of members departments/divisions/offices.
- Collaboration and information sharing medium with respect to web and electronic communication projects being implemented across campus.
- Forum to ask for assistance/advice on web projects & offer suggestions on various modules, web software implementations that we as a University should be looking into.
- A venue for training and presentations by internal and external groups related to electronic communications (web, e-mail, social networks, etc.).
- Generally, the WLG meetings will be held on the first Tuesday of every month from 9:30 - 11:30 am on the second floor of the Administration Center