Provide an environment for, by and about Women of Color that promotes equity, education and professional development.
The Women of Color Leadership Conference will be recognized as the premier conference addressing the needs of Women of Color in the Kansas City area.
- Provide a space to celebrate Women of Color's lives, accomplishments, contributions and ways of being.
- Empower Women of Color through access to information, professional development, peer networking, and educational and mentoring opportunities.
- Provide a forum for the exchange of dialogue on topics and issues pertinent to Women of Color and high school girls.
- Challenge structural inequalities by providing feedback to the institution.
- Encourage Women of Color and high school girls to engage in community organizing and collaboration.
- Nurture and develop high school girls of color through ensuring their access to higher education.
- Provide textbook scholarships for Women of Color attending UMKC.