2. Items needed to complete your application process
- Transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended. Transcripts are considered official if they are received in a sealed envelope from the school or sent electronically to the Office of Admissions
- Official GRE scores (code 6872)
- Three letters of recommendation
3. Complete and submit the general UMKC Application
- 2017 (Fall) applicants: complete the Fall 2017 online application
This application works best if you use Internet Explorer 8 or 9 or Firefox 3.5, 3.6, or Firefox 7 or Safari versions 3, 4, or 5.
- 2018 (Spring, Summer or Fall) applicants: complete the 2018 online application
To submit either application, you will be prompted to pay the non-refundable application processing fee.
Special Application Processes
Master of Arts in Biology
Master of Science in Biology
Master of Science in Cellular and Molecular Biology
Interdisciplinary Doctorate of Philosophy
Additional items needed to complete your application process:
- Three letters of reference
- Recommendation by Doctoral faculty review group in at least two participating disciplines
When completing your applictaion for admission, select "Interdisciplinary Studies PhD" as your intended academic plan, then select one Primary Discipline and one or more Co-Discipline areas.
Find out more information about applying to the iPhD program.
Completing the application process does not serve as a statement of acceptance or admission to the University of Missouri-Kansas City.