1. This website is dedicated to applicants for Interdisciplinary Studies Ph.D. For other options, including master's degrees, refer to the specific school to which you are applying.
3. Items needed to complete your application process
- Transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended. Transcripts are considered official if they are received in a sealed envelope from the school or sent electronically to the Office of Admissions. Transcripts can be sent in a secured email file to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official GRE scores (code 6872)
- Three letters of reference
- Recommendation by Doctoral faculty review group in at least two participating disciplines
4. Complete and submit the general UMKC Application.
To submit the application, you will be prompted to pay the non-refundable application processing fee or request approval for a fee waiver.
When completing your application for admission, select "Interdisciplinary Studies PhD" as your intended academic plan, then select one Primary Discipline and one or more Co-Discipline areas.
Find out more information about applying to the IPhD program.
Completing the application process does not serve as a statement of acceptance or admission to the University of Missouri-Kansas City.