2. Apply by the application deadline.
- Fall Semester deadline is June 15. Spring Semester deadline is November 1. These deadlines are specific to transfer students who have fewer than 60 transferable credit hours. Students with more than 60 transferable credit hours are exempt from the deadline and are encouraged to apply.
- Application materials – including official college transcripts and nonrefundable application fee – must be postmarked by the deadline.
- Any transfer student with fewer than 24 transferable credit hours must also submit an official high school transcript and an ACT or SAT score.
3. Complete and submit the general UMKC Application.
- 2017 (Fall) applicants: complete the Fall 2017 online application
This application works best if you use Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge 25.10586, Firefox 42 or 38 Extended Support Release, Chrome 43, Safari 8 or 9.0.
- 2018 (Spring, Summer or Fall) applicants: complete the 2018 online application
To submit either application, you will be prompted to pay the non-refundable application processing fee or request approval for a fee waiver.
4. Items needed to complete your application process:
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended. Transfer students who do not have a 2.0 or higher college GPA must submit a petition for admission.
- Official high school transcripts and ACT scores for those students who have earned fewer than 24 hours of transferrable college credit at the time of application.
- Transcripts are considered official if they are received in a sealed envelope or sent electronically to the Office of Admissions through Parchment, National Student Clearing House, or eScrip-Safe.
- Students who are permanent residents need to send a copy of the front and back of their Permanent Resident cards ("green cards"). Students who are refugees or are present in the United States based on asylum status need to send a copy of their I-94 that shows either the Refugee or Asylum status stamp.
- Send materials to
UMKC Office of Admissions
5100 Rockhill Road
Kansas City, MO 64110
Electronically through academic institution.
Via secured email file to email@example.com
Special Application Processes
Conservatory of Music and Dance
Applying to the Conservatory is a two-part process:
The Conservatory does not accept paper applications; you must apply online.
Applying to the School of Nursing and Health Studies
Doctor of Pharmacy program in the School of Pharmacy
Completing the application process does not serve as a statement of acceptance or admission to the University of Missouri-Kansas City.