2. Apply by the application deadline.
- Priority application deadlines for transfer students are June 15 for the fall semester and November 15 for the spring semester. Students may apply after these deadlines; however, transfer students are strongly encouraged to apply by these deadlines. Students with more than 60 transferable credit hours are exempt from the deadline and are encouraged to apply.
- Application materials – including official college transcripts and nonrefundable application fee – must be postmarked by the deadline.
- Any transfer student with fewer than 60 transferable credit hours must also submit an official high school transcript and an ACT or SAT score.
3. Complete and submit the general UMKC Application.
To submit the application, you will be prompted to pay the non-refundable application processing fee or request approval for a fee waiver.
4. Items needed to complete your application process:
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended. Transfer students who do not have a 2.0 or higher college GPA must submit a petition for admission.
- Official high school transcripts and ACT scores for those students who have earned fewer than 24 hours of transferrable college credit at the time of application.
- Transcripts are considered official if they are received in a sealed envelope or sent electronically to the Office of Admissions through Parchment, National Student Clearing House, or eScrip-Safe.
- Students who are permanent residents need to send a copy of the front and back of their Permanent Resident cards ("green cards"). Students who are refugees or are present in the United States based on asylum status need to send a copy of their I-94 that shows either the Refugee or Asylum status stamp.
- Send materials to
UMKC Office of Admissions
5115 Oak St.
Kansas City, MO 64110
Electronically through academic institution.
Via secured email file to email@example.com
Special Application Processes
Conservatory of Music and Dance
Applying to the Conservatory is a two-part process:
The Conservatory does not accept paper applications; you must apply online.
Institute of Urban Education in the School of Education
All application materials MUST be submitted or postmarked by March 1st.
Supplemental application for the Institution for Urban Education:
- Supplemental IUE application
- Personal statement of 750 words addressing interest and commitment to urban education
- Two letters of reference
- Completed FAFSA
- Completed UMKC general scholarship applications
- A formal interview
Applying to the School of Nursing and Health Studies
Doctor of Pharmacy program in the School of Pharmacy
Completing the application process does not serve as a statement of acceptance or admission to the University of Missouri-Kansas City.