2. Apply by the application deadline.
- Priority application deadlines for transfer students are June 15 for the fall semester and November 15 for the spring semester. Transfer students may apply after these deadlines, but are strongly encouraged to apply before.
- Application materials, including official college transcripts and nonrefundable application fee (or request for application fee waiver), should be submitted or postmarked by the above deadlines.
- Complete and submit the UMKC General Application for admission, and continue to check the status of your application.
3. Items needed to complete your application process:
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended. Transcripts are considered official if they are received in a sealed envelope or sent electronically to the Office of Admissions through Parchment, National Student Clearing House or eScrip-Safe.
- Transfer students who have earned fewer than 24 hours of transferrable college credit at the time of application must submit official high school transcripts and ACT/SAT scores.
- Any transfer student with fewer than 60 transferable credit hours must also submit an official high school transcript with proof of graduation. This is not required for admission, but is required for federal financial aid to disburse at the beginning of the semester for which you are entering UMKC.
- Transfer students who do not have a 2.0 or higher college GPA must submit a petition for admission.
- Students who are permanent residents need to send a copy of the front and back of their Permanent Resident card (green card). Students with refugee or asylum status need to send a copy of their I-94 with refugee or asylum status stamp.
- Send materials to
UMKC Office of Admissions Processing Center
Administrative Center, Room 120
5115 Oak St.
Kansas City, MO 64110
Electronically through academic institution
Via secured email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Application Processes
Conservatory of Music and Dance
Applying to the Conservatory is a two-part process:
The Conservatory does not accept paper applications; you must apply online.
Applying to the School of Nursing and Health Studies
Doctor of Pharmacy program in the School of Pharmacy
Completing the application process does not serve as a statement of acceptance or admission to the University of Missouri-Kansas City.