The UMKC calendar offers the following event types (categories). Events can only be assigned one category:
- Arts & Culture: Events relating to performances, recitals, exhibitions, cultural celebrations etc. are tagged with this event type.
- Educational: Use this event type to locate events relating to student training, prep programs and other courses.
- Health & Wellness: The Health & Wellness event type relates to events that are geared at increasing awareness about various health related issues as well as health & wellness related discussions and events.
- Lecture/Forum/Speaker Series: Check this event type for roundtable discussions, panels, guest lectures and more.
- Meetings/Conventions/Informational Sessions: Check here for upcoming Campus Visit Days, presentations and conventions.
- Special Events: Your source for events like the Entrepreneur of the Year Dinner.
- Student Organization Events: All events sponsored by student organizations fall under this event type.
- UMKC Academic Calendar Related: This event type is reserved for events that directly affect or are relevant to a student's academic schedule. Early Enrollment, Add/Drop dates etc. are example of some events under this type. This event type is reserved for events appearing on UMKC's official Academic Calendar.
- Unclassified Events: Events that don't fall into one of the other categories :)