The Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology offers programs
of study leading to the following degrees:
A program minor is available in
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
Criminal Justice and Criminology.
The mission of the department is to extend knowledge about the nature of crime and criminal justice. This mission includes continuing
participation by faculty in significant criminological research; other
scholarly endeavors; and inviting students to join in that activity
Within the context of a liberal arts
education, the program offers an interdisciplinary approach to study
criminal justice system. The program is designed to develop the
intellectual skills required to function effectively as a field
practitioner and to provide the knowledge base for careers as planners,
administrators and researchers. The course offerings emphasize issues
and problems relevant to policy considerations in criminal justice.
- Learning the core materials of the discipline.
- Acquiring research skills.
- Assisting in faculty research.
- Becoming involved in student activities that supplement coursework and