Upon admission into the program, students must:
- Read student handbook available on our website: cas/umkc.edu/socialwork
- Attend student orientation in the Fall/Spring semester.
- Schedule a meeting with their academic advisor during the academic year to develop a plan of study.
- Report any changes they make to the plan of study to their advisor.
- Full-time students must meet the Director of Field Education and complete a field application form to select and finalize field placment.
- Part-time students must meet the Director of Field Education at the end of their first year in the program; fill out the field application form and finalize field placement before the beginning of their second year in the program.