Students may pursue programs of study leading to the following degrees:
- Bachelor of science in biology
- Bachelor of science in biology with the cellular and molecular basis of health and disease emphasis
- Bachelor of science in biology with the bioinformatics emphasis
- Bachelor of science in biology with the biotechnology emphasis
- Bachelor of science in biology with the pre-dentistry concentration
- Bachelor of science in biology with clinical laboratory science/medical technology option
- Bachelor of arts in biology
Courses taught by the School of Biological Sciences support academic programs within the schools of Nursing, Dentistry, Medicine, Pharmacy and Education, and departments within the College of Arts and Sciences. An undergraduate minor in biology and a variety of courses that may interest non-biology majors are available to complement other fields of study, or to satisfy general education requirements of other academic units. A background in biology combined with non-science skills creates many career possibilities.
Students interested in pursuing undergraduate degree programs offered by the School of Biological Sciences are admitted through the UMKC Office of Admissions. Transfer students should contact the University admissions office and the School of Biological Sciences for information about transfer admissions and evaluation of transfer coursework. Transfer admission eligibility includes an overall grade-point average of at least 2.0 for all college-level coursework attempted at previous institutions, an overall GPA of at least 2.0 in courses used to fulfill School of Biological Sciences major requirements, and a University of Missouri Biology GPA of at least 2.0.