Graduation from an accredited school or program of dental hygiene, a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university, and a satisfactory academic undergraduate record are required. The deadline for application is Feb. 1 for the class beginning the following Fall semester. An interview is a required component of the admissions process. Interviews are granted to candidates for this program by invitation only. Application forms and information may be obtained from the Director, Graduate Dental Hygiene Education, Division of Dental Hygiene, at the address at the beginning of this section. Enrollment is limited.
Questions about this program may be answered by contacting the program director's office at (816) 235-2049 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed applications must be submitted to the Director of Graduate Dental Hygiene Education at the above address by Feb. 1 for the class beginning the following Fall semester. The required application materials must include:
- UMKC application for admission.
- Supplemental application for admission.
- Narrative statement.
- Official transcripts of all previous academic work.
- Three completed recommendation forms (including one from the director of the dental hygiene program attended).
- A letter of intent sent to the director of graduate dental hygiene education explaining the applicant's main area of graduate dental hygiene interest (clinical and classroom teaching, special patient care, health services administration, gerontology or advanced clinician).