The Graduate Certificate in Health Professions Curriculum and Evaluation provides an educational research foundation for teaching and assessment in health professions education. The certificate, which includes six courses (18 credit hours), is based on a mix of both classroom and internet instruction. The Graduate Certificate in Health Professions Curriculum and Evaluation reflects a unique collaboration between the School of Education and the School of Medicine at UMKC, both nationally recognized for their innovation in teaching and learning.
The program seeks to:
- Deliver effective, theory-based instruction in large group, small group, and clinical settings
- Develop skill in educational research as it relates to the quality of instructional practice
- Design evidence-based educational programs and materials with appropriate scope, sequence, and focus for learners
- Understand assessment and to effectively use assessment tools to track student progress and to promote student learning
- Develop skill in program and curriculum development and evaluation in health professions education
- Identify current issues in health professions education and develop skill in monitoring changes in the field
- Applicants must hold a professional degree in a health profession (e.g. MD, DDS, DO, RN, PharmD) and/or a bachelor’s degree. Limited enrollment.
- Applicants must complete the graduate application found at http://www.umkc.edu/admissions/graduate.asp
- Submit all university transcripts as well as a one page goal statement, resume or CV, and two letters of recommendation to:
UMKC School of Medicine
Office of Admissions, M1-103
ATTN: Health Professions Curriculum and Evaluation
2411 Holmes Street
Kansas City, MO 64108
||Current Issues in Health Professions Education|
||Educational Psychology: Focus on Teaching in Higher Education
||Assessment in Health Professions Education
||Instructional Design |
||Principles and Methods of Research |
||Program Development and Evaluation |
Courses include a mix of classroom and online work. The program may be completed in one year.
For more information, please visit the website: http://www.med.umkc.edu/hpce/