- Completion of 24 credit hours, 18 of which must be taken from the list of required and elective courses provided for each program.
- A cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (2.7 for the LL.M. [Taxation] and the LL.M. [General] with Estate Planning Concentration]). See the Administrative Rules and Regulations section that follows.
- Completion of all required courses. See the "Required Courses" for each program.
- Enrollment in a minimum of four credit hours each semester.
- Successful completion of all coursework (including thesis, if applicable) within three years from the beginning of the course of studies leading toward the degree.
Upon enrollment in the graduate program, a student is assigned a faculty adviser. In consultation with the adviser, the student develops a plan of study that meets the requirements for the degree in the program area selected. The adviser must approve enrollment in all courses.