Participation in at least one ensemble is required each semester that students are enrolled full-time (12 hours or more) on campus, as required by the students' degree programs, except composition majors (see music composition programs for required courses).
- Student participation in Conservatory ensemble rehearsals and performances shall take precedence over non-Conservatory presentations.
- A minimum of eight semesters of ensemble credit is required for graduation on any degree plan, except for the music education degree with emphasis in music therapy, which requires six semesters.
- All undergraduate students enrolled in applied lessons on orchestral instruments must be enrolled in a major instrumental ensemble each semester, except composition majors (see music composition program for required courses), and music education students during the student-teaching semester.
- All undergraduate Conservatory students whose major instruments are orchestral and who are enrolled in six or more hours must be enrolled in a major instrumental ensemble. This applies to all degree programs.
- Bachelor of music majors with jazz and studio emphasis must participate in either Jazz Orchestra or Jazz Ensemble each semester in residence. These students also will be required to participate in a major ensemble as stated in numbers 1-5 of Recital Requirements.