This program is designed for students who have completed
formal dental hygiene programs at other educational institutions and desire to
continue their education toward a baccalaureate degree.
Formal applications for admission to this program must be
submitted by Feb. 1 for the class beginning in August of each year. The program
may be completed on a full- or part-time basis. Basic requirements and
credentials for admission are all of the following:
- Graduation from an accredited dental hygiene program.
- Results and successful completion of the National Board Examination for
- High school transcripts.
- Complete college transcripts.
- Satisfactory grade point average.
- Application for admission to UMKC.
- Supplemental application for admission to the Division of Dental Hygiene.
- Three reference forms (including one from the director of the accredited
dental hygiene program attended).
- An interview with the admissions committee