Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry
1. Students graduating with a baccalaureate
degree in chemistry should be proficient in the basic skills of
chemistry. They will:
2. Students graduating with a baccalaureate
degree in chemistry will be prepared for entry into professional
schools (e.g., medical, dental, pharmaceutical, or veterinary),
graduate programs, or chemical industries.
- Have a functional knowledge of all the basic
areas of chemistry including analytical, organic, physical, inorganic
- Be able to integrate their knowledge in these areas and use their critical thinking skills in order to become problem solvers.
- Be proficient in chemistry laboratories, especially with respect to:
- Following and understanding general laboratory practice guidelines, especially proper laboratory safety.
- Performing chemical analyses.
- Performing simple chemical synthesis.
- Understanding and using modern chemical instrumentation.
- Be able to articulate clearly scientific information, both in written and oral forms.
- Be able to use effectively the scientific literature.