Upon graduating with a B.A. degree in Economics:
- Students will be able to distinguish the attributes of a variety of economic theories and policies.
- Students will be able to use their economic knowledge to
examine a wide variety of problems that are economic, social and/or
political in nature, on both the micro and macro levels.
- Students will have knowledge of statistical methods that will become part of their problem-solving toolset.
- Students will become proficient writers through assignments in
regular classes, as well as intensive-writing experiences in the
- All students will have undertaken a research project in
conjunction with a local community development corporation as part of
an academic service learning assignment. In fact, there will be many
opportunities to be actively engaged with the Kansas City community
through our community service requirement in various courses.
- Students will be better problem solvers and better-informed citizens.