Student Learning Outcomes and Program Requirements
Students graduating with an M.A. in English will be able to:
- Create sophisticated academic arguments that situate texts within aesthetic, social, and historical context.
- Produce work in dialogue with current and historical conversations in the field;
- Evaluate and engage methodological approaches appropriate to academic discourse;
- Develop and defend, both orally and in writing, their critical perspectives;
- Synthesize an understanding of interrelations across diverse fields of study;
- Demonstrate a broad grounding in the diversity of fields in English studies.