The graduate social work program grants the M.S.W. degree when students have completed the following degree requirements:
- 60 credit hours of class (48 hours) and field (12 hours) for regular program students.
- 36 credit hours of class (30 hours) and field (6 hours) for advanced standing students.
- To remain in good standing, students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Part-time students must complete the program within four years.
- Students take four electives in the concentration year, with at least one course from Integrative Content electives, Substance Abuse, Children, Youth and Families and one course from Advanced Methods electives.
For students with disabilities or special learning needs, the program works closely with the Office of Disabled Student Services regarding special accommodations.