Applicants for the fall semester admission must have all materials submitted by March 1, or February 15 to be considered for any available graduate teaching or research assistantships. Applicants for the spring semester must submit all materials by November 1. A complete application packet includes the application fee, as required, and these materials submitted to the university's Office of Admissions:
- •The UMKC general application form, available at http://www.umkc.edu/admissions
- •All undergraduate transcripts;
- •Three letters of recommendation, preferably from former instructors;
- •One undergraduate written assignment that best illustrates your ability to think analytically; and
- •A two to three page statement outlining your goals for graduate study, the nature of your interest in Sociology, and at least one current UMKC faculty member whose areas of expertise match your interests, any past experiences that are relevant, as well as your future plans. (This is in place of completing the statement of purpose section on the UMKC application.)
We strongly encourage the student to contact directly the principal graduate adviser or other appropriate faculty member prior to or during the admission process.