Upon completion of the M.A. in Theatre, students will:
- Be well-read, appreciative of, and able to discuss a broad sampling of world dramatic literature
- Be able to converse about and teach a survey of theatre history, as well as some specialized knowledge of a chosen era, aesthetic movement or artist in a historical-cultural context
- Demonstrat research skills that will make it possible to pursue the Ph.D.
- Communicate ideas in clear and correct writing and spoken English
- Be familiar enough with various components of the art of the stage to be able to interact with theatre professionals.