Students graduating with an M.F.A. in Acting from UMKC should be expected to demonstrate the following:
- A detailed understanding of their individual processes as actors through which they find the physical, vocal, emotional and intellectual availability to meet the requirements of a given role. This shall include but not be limited to:
- A working knowledge of the human voice as a primary means of communication.
- A working knowledge of the human body as a primary means of communication.
- A working knowledge of the human psyche as a primary means of motivation.
- A working knowledge of research methods through which to gain an understanding of the circumstantial life of a character.
- An experiential knowledge of theatrical performance genres from classical roots through contemporary theatre.
- A strong familiarity with a wide range of dramatic literature.
- The ability to work with directors of varying working processes and communication styles.
- The ability to work in collaboration with an ensemble of artists.