Students graduating with an M.F.A. in Design and Technology from UMKC will have a detailed understanding of their individual processes as designers through:
- Design - mastering interpretation, collaboration and idea development; developing the graphic tools needed to superlatively communicate design ideas visually.
- Technical Skills - mastering the tools of production, and the processes associated within each design/technology discipline.
- History - mastering research, text analysis and dramatic history.
- Production - mastering the artistic merging of design, history and technical skills through the experiences of numerous and varied productions.
- Entrepreneurship - mastering the business of the profession and career growth.
Upon completion of the course of study, graduates will have created portfolios of such quality as to effectively introduce themselves to the profession as artists ready for assignments.