Upon graduation from the B.S. in accounting program, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate entry-level technical competence in financial
accounting, taxation, cost/managerial and auditing. The competency
level is not sufficient to meet the technical requirements for
professional certification but will serve as the technical foundation
for graduate education.
- Demonstrate technical competence in domestic and global
business through the study of major disciplines within the fields of
- Define, analyze and devise solutions for structured and unstructured business problems and issues by using cohesive and logical reasoning patterns for evaluating information, materials and data.
- Recognize and apply the AICPA code of professional conduct to ethical problems that occur in accounting practice.
- Conceptualize a complex issue into a coherent written statement and oral presentation.
- Exhibit competence in the uses of technology in modern organizational operations.
- Demonstrate the fundamentals of creating and managing innovation, new business development and high-growth potential entities.