Check my aid
How to find your award on Pathway
Pathway allows students instant access to critical financial aid information: missing information, financial aid eligibility, and award information.
- Log on to Pathway at http://pathway.umkc.edu.
- Type in your username and password and click Sign In.
- If you have not set up your username and password or forgot them, go to
Note: If this is the first-time on Pathway, you must E-Consent by clicking UM E-Consent on the bottom of the left menu.
- In the menu on the left, click on Self-Service.
- In the menu on the left, click on Campus Finances.
- In the menu on the left, click on Accept/Decline Awards.
- Select the aid year you wish to view (2013 represents the Fall 2012/Spring 2013 aid year and Summer 2013).
Reviewing and accepting your financial aid award
- Review each of your awards and read this publication for information about the awards that you have been offered and important requirements and policies. Click on any award to view details about it.
- Read the Important Messages section at the bottom of your Award Notice. Be sure to read the Consumer Information by clicking on the link at the bottom of the page.
- Accept or Decline each type of aid you have been offered. Mark the appropriate checkbox after the award.
- If you decline a loan, you can contact the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office to request that the loan be reactivated at any time during the first three months of the semester.
- Adjust any loans by reducing them in the “Accepted” box next to the amount in the “Offered” box. You must check the “Accept” box in order to adjust the award. You may decline any portion of your loan offer without affecting the other aid you are accepting. Please contact the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office (FASO) if you need to reduce a federal work-study award.
- Please note that if you are awarded both a subsidized and unsubsidized federal direct loan, you must decline the unsubsidized loan before declining the subsidized loan. Conversely, you must accept your full subsidized loan before you can receive the unsubsidized loan.
- Submit your award notice by clicking the Submit button. This is required before your aid will be processed.
NOTE: Notify FASO if you are receiving additional aid awards (scholarships, departmental awards, fellowships, etc.) that are not listed on your award notice.