Offered by UMKC Institute for Human Development
The UMKC School of Graduate Studies and the Institute for Human Development offers the Interdisciplinary Leadership in Disability Studies Certificate for students who have earned a bachelor's degree and who wish to obtain advanced training in the emerging, interdisciplinary field of disability studies. Students may pursue the Interdisciplinary Leadership in Disability Studies (ILDS) Certificate to complement a master's, professional or doctorate degree, or on its own. Earning the certificate will help you connect your major and your interest in working with people with disabilities.
9 Credit Hours Required Courses
3 Credit Hours Elective Courses
12 Credit Hours Total
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate appropriate depth and breadth of knowledge in their disciplines.
- Use skills of interdisciplinary scholarship and research to integrate multiple perspectives.
- Work effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Effectively communicate results of their research to diverse audiences.
- Understand and value diverse approaches to problems.
- Use self-reflection for personal and professional improvement.