Emeritus College Benefits
Emeritus College membership benefits include the opportunity to:
- continue their relationships with students through mentoring and research;
- continue professional enrichment/development;
- continue to be recognized for their faculty careers;
- share research expertise with other faculty;
- provide community service;
- participate in social activities that promote on-going relationships among Emeritus College colleagues and non-retired faculty;
- provide input into the UM and UMKC policies relating to the criteria and processes that lead to the designation of "emeritus" status; and
- dialogue with intellectual peers and practitioners from different fields.
For UMKC, benefits include the opportunity to:
- maintain the intellectual expertise and artistic talents of the Emeritus College members;
- foster mentoring opportunities between Emeritus College members and new or junior faculty;
- link the Emeritus College members and resources to other programs at UMKC such as the
Student Success Center, the University College, the Honors College, and the Cockefair Programs;
- provide support for current academic programs; and
- attract retired senior scholars, national or international, to the UMKC campus.
For the community, benefits include opportunity to:
- engage faculty in problem solving of issues of community concern;
- hear about significant research and scholarly activities of the emeritus faculty;
- have access to programs of interest to various constituents in the area; and
- serve as a resource for community service organizations.