Metered areas are indicated in yellow on the campus maps. Parking is available in the metered areas located in:
- Area 1M (Cockefair Hall, 1 ADA space only)
- Area 24M (Admin Center Circle Drive, 1 hour max, 1 ADA and 3 non-ADA spaces)
- Area 11 ADA (Biological Sciences and Spencer Chemistry Buildings, 1 ADA only)
- Area 28M (Hospital Hill campus, 6 spaces, look for metered parking signs on west edge of lot 28, beside Charlotte St)
- Area 32M (Cherry Street Parking Structure, 5th Level, area labeled as metered, 53 spaces)
- Area 37M (4747 Troost, 2 ADA spaces only)
- Area 40 (east of the Student Success Center, 2 motorcycle metered spaces, 2 ADA metered spaces, 16 metered spaces)
- Area 41 (east of the Biological Sciences and Spencer Chemistry Buildings, 5 spaces)
- Area 42 (School of Education – 6 ADA spaces)
- Area 43 (north of Student Success Center, 31 spaces)
- Area 44 (south side of Grant Hall, 78 spaces)
- Area 45 (north side of Law School, 3 spaces)
- Area 48 (south of School of Education, 12 spaces)
- Area 49 (south of Johnson Hall, 5 spaces)
- Area 96M (south of 4825 Troost, 2 ADA metered spaces 20 metered spaces)
- Area 59M (Grant Hall, 2 ADA spaces only)
Parking meter cost is currently $1.25 per hour.
Anytime a vehicle is parked in a metered space the meter MUST be paid, regardless of whether the driver has a permit.
AMP Park App Meter Payments
UMKC Parking and Transportation is excited to announce that all metered parking on the two UMKC campuses will now be through the use of the AMP Park mobile app, available from both the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. If unable to download the app, meters can be paid at the web address: https://aimsmobilepay.com/.
This is a
“no-touch” system, eliminating the potential risk of spreading Covid-19 and
other viruses through touching a machine or meter.
No more digging in your cup holders, or under your seats, hoping to
find enough change to pay for parking.
Within the app, users will be able to see on a map the general areas of where metered parking is offered on campus. There will be signs in those areas denoting the spaces designated for metered parking. Campus signage indicating metered parking also has a QR code that can be scanned with a smartphone to be taken directly to the appropriate store to download the app.
AMP Park App instructions
- Download “AMP Park” application for free on your smart phone. Can be downloaded via Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Select the area where you are parking on the map.
- Select the amount of time you would like to purchase.
- Add your license plate number, state it was issued, and vehicle make.
- Add your payment information (credit or debit card).
- Start your parking time.
You will have the option to save your account information (if you will be a regular AMP Park user on campus) or just enter the information for a one-time use. If you save your account information, you will be able to add another license plate if you are driving a different car during a different parking session.
If you find that your class or meeting is running longer than expected, that is no longer a problem! You can add time to your metered parking session from your smartphone, without having to go all the way back to the parking lot. You will receive a notification on your phone when you are nearing the end of your paid parking time.
AMP Park Tips
- If unable to download the app, meters can be paid at the web address: https://aimsmobilepay.com/. Search for the parking area you need by entering "UMKC" into the location search and choosing from the options it provides.
- To avoid a ticket, do not leave your vehicle until your payment has been made.
- Check that all required feilds are filled out before submitting payment.
- Payments can be made up to an hour in advance of parking.
Physical coin operated meters and cash and coin pay stations are no longer operational on UMKC’s campuses.