Wide Format Poster Printing
UMKC’s Information Services department is partnering with the Miller Nichols Library to bring you wide format color printing. Good for creating posters or informational displays, this new service will allow you to print documents up to 42 inches wide and as long as 100 feet. Just remember that the printing cost is $10 per linear foot. Printing to the wide format plotter first draws from your regular print quota, then draws funds from your OneCard. You’ll need to add funds to your OneCard if your plotter print job will use more print quota than you have available. You can conveniently access the wide format plotter through PaperCut selecting the "Print Rooms/FabLabs" option in the side bar:
When submitting your print job, even though there is only one option for paper color and type, you will need to select those settings in the following screens:
- Printouts are always completed in full color, even if your print job is black and white.
- The plotter uses 42” wide satin paper only.
- Always use Print Preview before printing anything to any printer so you can review your document and see how the print job should print.
- Only PDF files are accepted by the wide format plotter: do not submit any other file types.
- Be sure to flatten all layers in your PDF before saving and submitting it for printing.
- A minimum resolution of 600 DPI is recommended for all wide format print jobs or your job might come out blurry. There are no refunds once your print job has completed.
- To make sure nothing gets cut off unexpectedly, there are no “full bleed” printouts, so there should always be some white space around your print jobs. Please note that staff do not trim printouts or provide equipment to trim printouts.
- Remember, the cost for printing is $10.00 per linear foot and plotter print jobs are automatically charged against any existing print quota you receive and then to your OneCard balance if more funds are required to cover the cost. You must have sufficient print quota and/or OneCard funds for your print job to be initiated. There are no refunds once your print job has completed.
If you are having problems in any of the public labs please contact one of the Lab Student Assistants for help.
If student assistants are unavailable in your lab you may also contact the UMKC Technology Support Center for assistance.