There are many computer labs on the Volker and Hospital Hill campuses. Information Services (IS) manages some but not all of these labs. These pages only list information for the IS-managed labs.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO SEE LAB HOURS
- Spring Semester Lab Hours ( Spring Semester: Tuesday, January 19, 2021 - Friday, May 14, 2021 )
- Spring Break Lab Hours ( Spring Break: Saturday, March 27, 2021 - Saturday, April 03, 2021 )
- Summer Intercession 1 Lab Hours ( Summer Intercession I: Saturday, May 15, 2021 - Sunday, June 06, 2021 )
- Summer Semester Lab Hours ( Summer Semester: Monday, June 07, 2021 - Friday, July 30, 2021 )
- Summer Intercession 2 Lab Hours ( Summer Intercession II: Saturday, July 31, 2021 - Sunday, August 22, 2021 )
- Fall Semester Lab Hours ( Fall Semester: Monday, August 24, 2020 - Friday, December 18, 2020 )
- Thanksgiving Break Lab Hours ( ThanksGiving Break: Saturday, November 21, 2020 - Saturday, November 28, 2020 )
- Winter Break Lab Hours ( Winter Break: Saturday, December 19, 2020 - Monday, January 18, 2021 ) Note -- printers are shut down 15 minutes before the labs close.
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving holiday
- Christmas Day
The labs are closed along with the rest of campus on the days the following holidays are observed:
24/7 Lab Remote Access
RooLabs Online provides remote access to lab software from the convenience of your own device. Connecting remotely to a lab in Roo Labs Online will be a similar experience to using an on-campus lab. If you have access to a general lab or departmental lab on-campus that participates in RooLabs Online, you can remotely access ALL of the same software via RooLabs Online. RooLabs Online also provides real time information regarding capacities of student computing labs located on campus and how many machines are currently in use in each lab if you plan to visit an on-campus lab.
UMKC Remote Labs also offers remote access to a variety of software. Remote Labs offers a small subset of curated software compared to RooLabs Online. The selected software has been optimized specifically for remote access. Software is organized by UMKC Departments and does not correspond to any specific on-campus offerings.
General Student Computer Lab Locations
You can find general use student computer labs at the following locations:You can view maps for the Volker and Hospital Hill campuses by clicking these links:
Building Room(s) # of Computers Phone Number Health Sciences Building 3304 30 (816) 235-6635 Miller Nichols Library 2nd Floor 48 (816) 235-5307 Royall Hall 303 42 (816) 235-5896 Student Union 210 19 (816) 235-5489
- Workstations running Windows 10,
- Black and white laser printers,
- A scanner, and
- Adaptive equipment (this equipment consists of tables with adjustable height, screen magnifiers, and text-to-speech software).
Other Computer Lab and Kiosk Locations
Information on other IS-managed computing facilities can be found here:
If you are having problems in any of the public labs please contact one of the Lab Student Assistants for help.
If student assistants are unavailable in your lab you may also contact the UMKC Technology Support Center for assistance.