There are many computer labs on the Volker and Hospital Hill campuses. Information Services (IS) manages some but not all of these labs. These pages only list information for the IS-managed labs.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO SEE LAB HOURS
- Spring Semester Lab Hours ( Spring Semester: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - Friday, May 12, 2017 )
- Spring Break Lab Hours ( Spring Break: Saturday, March 25, 2017 - Sunday, April 02, 2017 )
- Summer Intercession 1 Lab Hours ( Summer Intercession I: Saturday, May 13, 2017 - Sunday, June 04, 2017 )
- Summer Semester Lab Hours ( Summer Semester: Monday, June 05, 2017 - Friday, July 28, 2017 )
- Summer Intercession 2 Lab Hours ( Summer Intercession II: Saturday, July 29, 2017 - Sunday, August 20, 2017 )
- Fall Semester Lab Hours ( Fall Semester: Monday, August 21, 2017 - Friday, December 15, 2017 )
- Thanksgiving Break Lab Hours ( ThanksGiving Break: Saturday, November 19, 2016 - Saturday, November 26, 2016 )
- Winter Break Lab Hours ( Winter Break: Saturday, December 17, 2016 - Monday, January 16, 2017 ) Note -- printers are shut down 15 minutes before the labs close. Remote Labs are available so that you can access many software applications from home. Available software depends on which school you are enrolled in. To see a complete list of available software, login to our Remote Labs through this web page:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving holiday
- Christmas Day
General Student Computer Lab Locations
You can find general use student computer labs at the following locations:You can view maps for the Volker and Hospital Hill campuses with buildings that house general use student computing labs highlighted in green by clicking these links:
Building Room(s) # of Computers Phone Number Bloch School of Management 110 38 (816) 235-5488 Health Sciences Building 3304 30 (816) 235-6635 Miller Nichols Library 2nd Floor 48 (816) 235-5307 Royall Hall 303 42 (816) 235-5896 Student Union 210 19 (816) 235-5489
- Workstations running Windows 7,
- Black and white laser printers,
- A scanner, and
- Adaptive equipment (this equipment consists of tables with adjustable height, screen magnifiers, and text-to-speech software).
Departmental Student Computer Lab Locations
IS also manages many departmental labs. These are restricted access sites that can only be used by students enrolled in the corresponding department or school. These labs may have different rules and print quotas. Check with your instructors or the associated department for questions about access, policies, and software use. For technical issues, contact the UMKC Call Center. You can find departmental student computer labs at the following locations:
Lab Name Building Room(s) Architecture, Urban Planning and Design Katz Hall 007 and 202 Art and Art History Fine Arts 104, 105, 109 and 116 Athletics Swinney Recreation Center 251 Bloch Classroom Bloch Heritage Hall 005 Bloch Finance Lab Bloch Executive Hall 220 Conservatory of Music and Dance Grant Hall 221 and 222 Economics - Urban Research Haag Hall 314 Geosciences Flarshiem Hall 403, 423, and 425 Interactive Learning Center Miller Nichols Library 420 and 421 Language Resource Center Scofield Hall 109 Law Lab Law 1-109 Physics Flarshiem Hall 246 and 247 Political Science Royall Hall 410E Program for Adult College Education Scofield Hall 104 Psychology Cherry Hall 117 School of Biological Sciences Biological Science Building 017 and 317A School of Computing and Engineering School of Computing and Engineering 364, 451, 457, 460, 462, 463 and 464 School of Education Classroom School of Education 34 School of Education Technology Learning Lab School of Education 129
Residence Hall Computer Lab Locations
The computer labs and kiosks located within the Residence Halls at UMKC are also managed by IS. Access to these sites is restricted to residents within each building and they may have different rules and print quotas. You can find Residence Hall student computer labs and kiosks at the following locations:
Building Room(s) Oak Park Apartments C203C Oak Park Apartments C211D Oak Street Hall (kiosks) 2001 Oak Street Hall 4078 Johnson Residence Hall 1007 Johnson Residence Hall (kiosks) 1011 Hospital Hill Apartments (print station) Lobby
If you are having problems in any of the public labs please contact one of the Lab Student Assistants for help.
If student assistants are unavailable in your lab you may also contact the UMKC Call Center for assistance.