UM System wide outages can be found on the UM IT System Status
Shared mailbox Send-As permissions (10/16/2019 9:25:00 AM - 10/18/2019 12:00:00 PM)
About 700 resource mailboxes were migrated today. When those mailboxes migrated, the 'Send As' permissions that were previously assigned to those mailboxes did not transfer correctly. About 380 of these have been corrected as of 3pm on the 16th. The remaining mailboxes are being checked manually now, to return any missing 'Send As' permission that may have existed.
Affected users will see a permission error when attempting to send as the email address of a shared mailbox. This issue is limited to shared departmental mailboxes, and does not apply to individual personal mailboxes.
Past Outages (Last 72 Hours)
Current and Upcoming Change Management Notices
Group policy cleanup and consolidation (9/5/2018 11:33:00 PM)
Starting now, and running through at least December, we will be deleting unused Group Policies, and merging and cleaning up existing group policies. This work is in preparation for upcoming Active Directory changes, and will be necessary to streamline the migrations that will be involved.
No significant changes are expected, but due to the nature of group policy editing, there is a small risk of error while editing and combining group policies.
Group policies which are not linked to any AD container will be deleted. There are a significant number of these discarded, and sometimes un-configured group policies, which we will delete to reduce the amount of work involved in the migration process.
Updates to Course Evaluation System - RooEval (9/30/2019 10:00:00 PM)
This update includes the following changes
- Unit Admin can combine course evaluations and delete them.
- New Filter options on Manage evaluations
- Changes to Reports based on admin request to combine course evaluations
JSS Upgrade (10/4/2019 3:13:00 PM)
And issue has been found in Jamf Pro resulting in Jamf Pro being vulnerable to deserialization of untrusted data when parsing JSON in
A request containing specially crafted JSON that is sent to certain endpoints in Jamf
Pro could result in the deletion of files on the server and/or Denial of Service (DoS). In
affected versions of Jamf Pro prior to 10.14.0, these requests could also result in
remote code execution (RCE).
• This issue only impacts the Jamf Pro server and does not impact managed clients
or client management functions.
• This issue only impacts files on the Jamf Pro server that are accessible to the user
that is running the Jamf Pro process.
Internet Router Reboot 2:10am October 17th, 2019 (10/17/2019 2:10:00 AM)
UMKC Network Architecture will be performing an emergency reboot of the UMKC Internet Edge router at 2:10am on October 17th
The reboot will cause a disruption of off-campus connectivity which should last approximately 30 minutes
Adobe 2019 Named User Migration (10/20/2019 2:00:00 AM)
* Previously, UMKC Adobe licenses were purchased and assigned to a single computer. UMKC has moved to the Adobe Named User model which assigns a purchased adobe license to a UMKC user account. This will allow authorized users to use Adobe Creative Cloud on multiple computers at the cost of only one license.
* Users will need to login as SSO@umsystem.edu after the migration. Full instructions and common questions are covered on the UMKC Adobe FAQ https://www.umkc.edu/is/support/adobe/
* Adobe software is a subscription and requires an annual renewal. FY20 renewals have been processed. Software will be uninstalled from users who did not renew.
* For users with valid FY20 licenses, pre-2019 subscription versions of Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Acrobat Pro will be uninstalled and the new 2019 version will be installed.
* Labs will be updated 2019.10.20. Faculty/Staff systems will be updated 2019.10.21. Laptop systems that are not online during the maintenance window will experience delays in this process.
* Users may get a license expiration popup beginning October 1. This will go away after the migration.
Database Migration on KC-CHTC-TITAN1 (11/7/2019 7:00:00 PM)
We are planning on moving the databases from C:\ drive to E:\ drive. The databases won't be available for about an hour. We will update as the change progresses.