UMKC IS Advisory Council
The purpose of the IT Advisory Council is to provide non-binding strategic advice to UMKC’s IT leadership on technology related matters including computing, networking, voice, Ideal Learning Environments, enterprise and academic software, IT projects, initiatives and implementations. Additionally, this Council is designed to help leadership maximize the effectiveness of IT, minimize risk and align with the University’s strategic direction.
- Offer assurances to the University community that the institution’s approach to IT planning, investments, prioritization and risk management are inclusive, transparent and reflect best IT practices
- Help improve the effectiveness of IT across the campus and mitigate risks
- Ensure representative participation in IT planning and projects
- Provide advice and identify issues on strategic and operational projects and implementations
- Challenge current IT thinking with alternative technology approaches and creative solutions
- Review and comment on IT policies and strategic direction
- Help improve communication about IT initiatives that may impact IT
- Provide advice regarding opportunities for leveraging technology, optimizing the use of resources and preventing unnecessary redundancy or non-sustainable service implementations
- Help to align IT initiatives with the University’s mission, goals and priorities.
The IT Advisory Council is comprised of the following:
- The IT Operations Committee Chairs from each academic unit. This body includes three to four deans and/or associate deans, fiscal officers, faculty and staff.
- A student representative from the Student Government Association
- An HR representative
The IT Council will convene at least once each semester. Information Services will coordinate times and dates as well as the agenda for these meetings. Meeting notes and materials will be posted to the IS website.
UMKC IS Advisory Council Representatives
|Bloch School of Management||Mary Morgan|
|College of Arts & Sciences||Alex Holsinger|
|Conservatory of Music||Diane Petrella|
|School of Biological Sciences||Gerald Wyckoff|
|School of Computing & Engineering||Brian Hare|
|School of Dentistry||Bill Marse|
|School of Education||Justin Perry|
|School of Law||Ayyoub Ajmi|
|School of Medicine||Paul Cuddy|
|School of Nursing||Joy Roberts|
|School of Pharmacy||Jeremy Hampton|
|University Libraries||Buddy Pennington|
|Student Government Association||Designated Representative|
|Human Resources||Megan Gonzalez|