Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a public cloud platform that provides solutions and services such as virtual machines, database instances, storage, and more. AWS is offered under the Internet2 NET+ service agreement through DLT Solutions, Inc.
This agreement allows UMKC faculty and staff to receive a discount on AWS services (3-5%), provides access to a Data Egress Waiver, and provides compliance for sensitive and confidential data that is regulated by laws such as HIPAA.
- Migrate existing AWS Accounts to the UMKC AWS Service
- Establish a new AWS Account under the UMKC AWS Service
- Data Egress Waiver, which effectively eliminates the standard charges for moving data out of the AWS Service.
- Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) and streaming services are ineligible for the Data Egress Waiver
- Support from DLT, with a 10% surcharge on usage, on a monthly basis. (Support option is enabled by default, and a waiver for support must be requested and approved. This can be done at the time an account is established, or at any time thereafter.)
Prices for AWS services are set by Amazon and are based on usage. Estimates can be built using the Amazon Web Service Calculator. A nominal discount (approximately 3-5%) is provided, based on the aggregated volume of all universities participating in the Internet2 NET+ AWS Service through DLT.
Monthly billing will be charged directly to a MOCode.
IS Foundation Services provides expertise in many of AWS's most popular offerings, including:
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) provides resizable compute capacity in the cloud. VMs can be quickly provisioned in a variety of CPU/memory configurations and operating systems.
- Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service) provides a fully redundant data storage infrastructure for storing and retrieving any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the Web.
- Amazon Glacier is an extremely low-cost storage service that provides secure and durable storage for data archiving and backup.
- Amazon RDS (Relational Database Service) makes it easy to set up, operate, and scale a MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, or PostgreSQL database in the cloud.
How to Order
If you require support with an existing service, would like to request a new service, or wish to report an outage, please contact the IS Technology Support Center.