Student Computing Labs Employment
The Information Services (IS) department hires students to work in the
IS-managed student computer labs.
These Student Assistants (SAs) perform the following functions:
To apply for a Student Assistant position at UMKC IS Labs, you must be enrolled as a UMKC student. Applications
can be submitted through the Handshake website periodically
throughout the year. Please check with the Handshake site to see if applications are currently being accepted
and to submit your application materials for a Student Assistant position.
Frequently, many applications are turned in for a small number of positions. Not everyone will receive an
interview, and an interview does not guarantee a job. Candidates will be contacted for interviews as the
need arises. All communication should be sent through your official UMKC student email account.
If your application is selected for an interview, you will be contacted by a member of the Lab Management
Office. If you have inquiries, please email UMKCISLMO@umkc.edu.
You can learn more about employment opportunities at UMKC by visiting the Career Services here:
- Monitoring the security of the labs and the equipment.
- Providing a clean environment for students.
- Answering questions for the students using the labs.
- Performing basic troubleshooting of lab computers and computer software.
- Redirecting phone inquiries to the Technology Support Center or Campus Information Center.
- Communicating with supervisors and co-workers.
- Communicating with technical staff to help them maintain lab equipment.
- Performing special projects for lab supervisors as requested.
It is the fundamental policy of UMKC to provide equal opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation,
national origin, age, Veteran status or disability status in all education, employment and contracted activities.