Cisco WebEx is a communication tool that incorporates audio conferencing, desktop computer sharing, and webcam video into a single platform, and can be used with PC, Macintosh, iOS, and Android devices.
WebEx can accomodate up to 1000 meeting participants, depending upon the type of meeting session that's set up by the host. Participants can come from anywhere in the world and do not need to be affiliated with UMKC or the UM System to join a WebEx Meeting.
Faculty and Staff WebEx - Click here, then click the Log In button in the upper right-hand corner and log in with your UMKC Username and Password
WebEx can be used for:
- Remote meetings
- Admissions and recruiting
- Online orientation
- Technical support of faculty/staff/students
- Focus groups and research
Watch this video for WebEx Meeting Center Features.
- How do I request a WebEx account (Faculty/Staff only)?
- What do I need to use WebEx?
- What audio options do I have for meetings?
- How do I attend a meeting?
- How do I schedule a meeting?
- Can I schedule concurrent meetings?
- What are the different roles in a meeting?
- How do I schedule a meeting via Outlook (with WebEx Productivity Tools)?
- How do I download WebEx Productivity Tools?
- How to join a meeting with a mobile device?
- What is a Personal Meeting Room?
- What are the differences among Meeting/Training/Event/Support Center?
- Can I invite anyone, even someone without a UMKC email address, to join a meeting?
- How do I share content during a meeting?
- How do I transfer host/presenter role to someone else?
- What is a Host Key?
- What happens if a host leaves a meeting?
- How to add contacts and distribution lists?
- How to download WebEx recordings?
- How to set up Personal Conference?
UMKC Technology Support Center: 816-235-2000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
WebEx Hotline: 866-569-3239 (24/7)