Android Remote Application Connection Instructions
Accessing the UMKC Remote Labs from an Android device requires the use of the free
Microsoft Remote Desktop app (version 8.1.80 or higher).
- Install the Microsoft Remote Desktop app
- Visit the available labs and applications page
- Enter your UMKC Username and Password
Select a Remote Application and click on the corresponding icon
If labs seats are available you will be taken to another page
Tap on the Launch my session! button
The Microsoft Remote Desktop app may launch automatically (depending on browser and settings). If it does not launch, follow these additional steps
- It is no longer required to manually choose a Domain when logging in to Remote Labs. All accounts have been migrated to the UM-AD domain.
You will be prompted for credentials. Login with your fully qualified UMKC Username (UM-AD\UMKCusername) and Password
If you are off-campus, you will be promted for credentials a second time
You may notice a connection dialog while your connection is being processed
Tap Connect Always
You may notice a connection dialog while your session is being connected
If you have not recently connected to this remote lab computer there will also be a delay as your profile is created. This is normal.
You are now connected! The Remote Application will appear to be running from your local device
- Close your web browser and open your downloads directory
- Tap on the newly downloaded .RDP file
If you have any additional questions, please visit our
Remote Labs FAQ or contact the
IS Call Center.