Android Remote Application Connection Instructions
Accessing the UMKC Remote Labs from an Android device requires the use of the free
Microsoft Remote Desktop app (version 8.1.60 or higher).
- Install the Microsoft Remote Desktop app
- Visit the available labs and applications page
- Enter your UMKC Username and
- Tap Logon
- Select a Remote Application and click on the corresponding icon
- If labs seats are available you will be taken to another page
- Tap on the Launch my session! button
- The Microsoft Remote Desktop app may launch automatically (depending on browser and settings). If it does not launch, follow these additional steps
- Close your web browser and open your downloads directory
- Tap on the newly downloaded .RDP file
- You will be prompted for credentials. Login with your fully qualified UMKC Username ("UMKC-USERS\username") and
- Tap Logon
- If you are off-campus, you will be promted for credentials a second time
- You may notice a connection dialog while your connection is being processed
- Tap Connect Always
- You may notice a connection dialog while your session is being connected
- If you have not recently connected to this remote lab computer there will also be a delay as your profile is created. This is normal.
- You are now connected! The Remote Application will appear to be running from your local device
If you have any additional questions, please visit our
Remote Labs FAQ or contact the
IS Call Center.