Android Remote Lab Connection Instructions
Accessing the UMKC Remote Labs from an Android device requires the use of the free
Microsoft Remote Desktop app (version 8 or higher).
- Install the Microsoft Remote Desktop app
- Visit the available labs and applications page
- Enter your UMKC Username and password
- Tap Logon
- Select a Remote Lab and click on Connect to Remote Desktop
- If labs seats are available you will be taken to another page
- Tap on the Launch my session! button
- The Microsoft Remote Desktop app may launch automatically (depending on browser and settings). If it does not launch, follow these additional steps
- Close your web browser and open your downloads directory
- Tap on the newly downloaded .RDP file
- You will be prompted for credentials. Login with your fully qualified UMKC username ("UMKC-USERS\username") and password
- Tap Logon
- If you are off-campus, you will be promted for credentials a second time
- You may notice a connection dialog while your connection is being processed
- Tap Connect Always
- You may notice a connection dialog while your session is being connected
- If you have not recently connected to this remote lab computer there will also be a delay as your profile is created. This is normal.
- You are now connected! You may browse to the start menu and launch available applications
If you have any additional questions, please visit our
Remote Labs FAQ or contact the
IS Call Center.