Linux Remote Application Connection Instructions
These instructions reflect a system running Ubuntu 17.04 and Remmina 1.2. If you are using a different connection application or
distribution of Linux the dialog boxes will vary slightly, but the procedure will remain similar.
Instructions to install Remmina 1.2 on Ubuntu 17.04
- Depending on your environment, you may need to uninstall old versions of Remmina first
- Open a Terminal window
- Execute sudo apt-add-repository ppa:remmina-ppa-team/remmina-next and confirm the choice
- Execute sudo apt-get update and confirm the choice
- Execute sudo apt-get install remmina remmina-plugin-rdp libfreerdp-plugins-standard and confirm the choice
- Reboot your computer
- Visit the available labs and applications page
- Enter your UMKC Username and password
Select a Remote Lab and click on Connect to Remote Desktop
If labs seats are available you will be taken to another page
Click on the Launch my session! button
Click Save when prompted to Open or Save the connection file
A .RDP file containing connection details will be added to your downloads directory. Make note of the file name, but do not open this file yet.
Launch the Remmina Remote Desktop client
Click Tools (3 horizontal lines) in the toolbar
Navigate to your downloads directory and select the .RDP file from step #8
Right click the connection and select Edit
Change the username from DOMAIN\username to just username
Enter your UMKC password
Change domain to DOMAIN
Double Click the new entry in the connections list
If prompted to accept a certificate, click OK
You may notice a connection dialog while your session is being connected
If you have not recently connected to this remote lab computer there will also be a delay as your profile is created. This is normal.
You are now connected! The Remote Application will appear to be running from your local computer
Note: if you have trouble connecting, goto the Advanced tab and delete the RD Gateway. Use VPN instead.
- It is no longer required to manually choose a Domain when logging in to Remote Labs. All accounts have been migrated to the UM-AD domain.
If you have questions or require additional help, please visit the Remote Labs FAQ
contact UMKC Remote Labs Support online
, or call the UMKC Technology Support Center at 816.235.2000.