Mac Remote Application Connection Instructions
These instructions reflect a system running Mac OSX 10.10 and Safari 8. If you are using a different web browser or operating system version
the dialog boxes will vary slightly, but the procedure will remain the same. Accessing the UMKC Remote Labs from a Mac requires the use of the free
Microsoft Remote Desktop app (version 8.0.16 or higher).
Attempting to use an older version or a different RDP client may result in the inability to connect or reduced functionality.
If you have any additional questions, please visit the
Remote Labs FAQ or contact the
IS Call Center
- Begin by visiting the available labs and applications page
- Enter your UMKC Username and password
- Click Logon
- Select a Remote Application and click on the corresponding icon
- If labs seats are available you will be taken to another page
- Click on the Launch my session! button
- You will either be prompted with a connection file or one will download automatically.
- Open the connection file. It will have a .RDP file extension.
- You will be prompted for credentials. Login with your fully qualified UMKC Username ("UMKC-USERS\username") and password
- Uncheck the box for Drive
- Check the box for "Do not ask again..."
- You will be prompted for credentials, again. Login with your fully qualified UMKC Username ("UMKC-USERS\username") and password
- You may notice a connection dialog while your session is being connected
- If you have not recently connected to this remote lab computer there will also be a delay as your profile is created. This is normal.
- You are now connected! You may browse to the Windows start menu and launch available applications