Please note: Before you attempt to connect to UMKC resources remotely, please make sure your operating system (Apple OS X) has all applicable security updates installed. These instructions reflect a system running Mac OSX 10.13.5.
Safari 11 has been tested for wide compatibility. If you are using a different web browser or version, you will likely encounter additional security steps not listed here.
Accessing the UMKC Remote Labs from Mac OS X requires the use of the free
Microsoft Remote Desktop application version 10.1.8 (or higher).
Downloading this app is insufficient for connecting, you must set it as your default RDP client within OSX before following these instructions.
Deviating from the supported configuration may result in the inability to connect or reduced functionality.
||Microsoft RDP v10
Link to Download
||Microsoft RDP v8
Mac Remote App Connection Instructions
If you have any additional questions, please visit the
Remote Labs FAQ or contact the
IS Technology Support Center.
- Begin by visiting the available labs and applications page
- Enter your UMKC Username and password
- Select a Domain of UM-AD
- Click Logon
- Select a Remote Applicatoin and click Connect to Remote Desktop
- If labs seats are available you will be taken to another page
- Click on the Launch my session! button
- A connection file will download automatically to your default downloads directory
- Open the connection file. It will have a .RDP file extension.
- If you are off campus:
- You will be prompted for credentials (and again later).
- Login with your fully qualified UMKC Username (UM-AD\UMKCusername) and password
- If you see a message 'the Identity of the remote computer may not be verified':
- Check the box, Don't ask, to prevent seeing this in the future
- Click Continue
- You will be prompted for credentials. Login with your fully qualified UMKC Username (UM-AD\UMKCusername) and password
- You may notice a connection dialog while your session is being connected
- If you have not recently connected to this remote lab computer there will also be a delay as your profile is created. This is normal.
- You are now connected! You may browse to the Windows start menu and launch available applications