Windows Remote Lab Connection Instructions
These instructions reflect a system running Windows 10 and Internet Explorer 11. If you are using a different web browser or operating system version
the dialog boxes will vary slightly, but the procedure will remain the same. Windows 7/8 (and earlier) is not supported for
connecting Remote Labs. More information on Operating System compatibility can be found on the FAQ. Windows computers must also be CVE-2018-0886 compliant.
If you have any additional questions, please visit the
Remote Labs FAQ or contact the
IS Technology Support Center.
- Begin by visiting the available labs and applications page
- Enter your UMKC Username and password
- Select a Domain of UM-AD
- Click Logon
- Select a Remote Lab and click on Connect to Remote Desktop
- If labs seats are available you will be taken to another page
- Click on the Launch my session! button
- Click Open when prompted to Open or Save the connection file
- If this is the first time you have used Remote Labs, you will be prompted to trust the publisher (University of Missouri).
- Check the box for "Don't ask me again..."
- Click Connect
- You will be prompted for credentials. Login with your fully qualified UMKC Username ("UM-AD\UMKCusername") and password
- Click OK
- You may notice a connection dialog while your session is being connected
- If you have not recently connected to this remote lab computer there will also be a delay as your profile is created. This is normal.
- You are now connected! You may browse to the start menu and launch available applications