Our core responsibility is to find cost-effective ways for faculty and staff to get the technology equipment and services they need to be successful in their roles at UMKC. Whether it be an academic, administrative or support position, we all rely heavily on a robust and sustainable IT environment.
We strongly believe that pre-purchase consultation is a key success factor in building and maintaining this environment. Through consultation we achieve an increased awareness of our customers' technology needs and business goals and help you to navigate the various approval processes that may apply to your purchase request. This understanding and relationship allows us to work together on a solution that not only represents a good value proposition, but also avoids purchasing pitfalls that can burden, delay, introduce incompatibilities or create additional costs when communication and planning are lacking.
We invite anyone charged with acquiring IT systems and components to work with us early and often! For IT hardware (computers, cell phones, printers and and related peripherals), please email email@example.com or call our business technology analyst, Monte Churchman, at 816.235.1444.
Standards & Recommendations
- New purchase recommendations (requires logon) - Learn more about the basic models and configurations recommended for UMKC faculty and staff
- Minimum hardware standards - Examine the minimum computer specifications for use on the UMKC network
- End of lifecycle processing - Old computer clutter? Learn the proper steps to computer asset disposal
- Personal purchases (requires logon) - Get attractive discounts from major computer vendors
- New purchase recommendations (requires logon) - Outfit your department with the high-quality and supported network printer most appropriate to your workgroup
- Network printer guidelines (requires logon) - Technical specifications required to network your departmental printer
- Personal discounts (requires logon) - Your UMKC faculty/staff/student status can earn you discounts on your personally-owned lines of service with these carriers
- Basic instruction on setting up your mobile device for use at UMKC:
Mobile Wireless Services
Workstation Replacement Program
The provost's annual Workstation Replacement Program (WRP) is a crucial component in the maintenance and continuous improvement of UMKC's IT environment. The goal of the program is to provide a coordinated, cyclical replacement of aging computers on a three- or four-year lifecycle. This program has proven to be a cost-effective, efficient way to create a robust, standardized and sustainable computing environment for UMKC faculty and staff. Originally designed to encourage the responsible lifecycle replacement of computers for the division of Academic Affairs, the program now invites all campus departments to take part and enjoy the cost savings we find in this large bulk purchase. To learn more about the program, check out the WRP Ordering Site FAQ for more information or contact Monte Churchman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816.235.1444.