The following page(s) contain instructions on using Remote Desktop to connect to Faculty & Staff Windows computers on the UMKC campus (from off-campus).
Attention: Your campus computer must be powered on and you must also have rights to access your computer remotely. You must also follow these steps (one time only) to ensure your campus computer is ready to accept Remote Desktop connections. If you need assistance, please contact the IS Call Center or your IT Liaison.
To connect to your campus Windows PC from a Mac you will need to use the Microsoft Remote Desktop application for Mac version 10.1.8 (or higher). If you are using a university-owned Mac, you may already have this app installed. Please contact the Call Center or your IT Liaison if you have questions about using this software on a university-owned Mac.
|Supported||Default Icon||Client Name|
|Microsoft RDP v10
Link to Download
|Microsoft RDP v8|
Mac OS X Remote Desktop Connection Instructions
If you have not recently connected to this computer there will be a delay as your profile is created. This is normal.
- Open the Microsoft Remote Desktop application
- Click the "+" icon
- Select Desktop
- Click Show More
- For PC Name, enter the name of the remote computer to connect to. If you are unable to determine the name of your campus (office) computer, contact the IS Call Center or your IT Liaison
- For User Account, click ask me every time to change the setting
- Click Add User Account
- For User Name, type ‘umkc-users\’ followed by your UMKC Username (e.g.umkc-users\doej)
- For Password, type your UMKC Username Password. Note: you will need to update your Remote Desktop settings every time you change your UMKC Username password.
- Click Save
- For Friendly Name, enter the PC name
- Click on no gateway to change the setting
- Select Add Gateway from the dropdown
- For Server Name, enter tsg.umkc.edu
- For User Account, click Use Desktop User account
- Select your UMKC username from the list
- Click Save
- Click Save again
- To initiate the connection, double click on your PC Name tile
- Click Show Certificate
- Click Always Trust to prevent seeing this warning again for the PC specified
- Click Continue
You are now connected!